We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced professional to join our Dispatching Team.
Are you someone who loves great craft beer? Read on...
Responsible for routing, scheduling, monitoring/reacting and providing direction to local distribution drivers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor daily driving routes and schedules for optimal efficiency in order to achieve a high level of productivity, efficiency and customer service.
- Identify, evaluate and execute through to resolution incoming special delivery needs and/or requests from both the driver and the customer.
- Ensure the proper communication channel is maintained throughout the delivery process, reporting any obstacles/delivery challenges encountered to department management and/or sales.
- Assign drivers as needed to pick up incoming orders from vendors.
- Manage daily actives of drivers while in the field; be the communication hub for the drivers in order to ensure their day is as efficient as possible: ensure prompt response to driver inquires and requests.
- Responsible to review and update Driver Daily Log and Trip Sheet report notating discrepancies or errors and monitoring Class A Driver’s daily/weekly hours of service in compliance with DOT regulations.
- Assist with the maintenance of various driving compliance records as needed (such as DVIRs).
- Maintain and update Turnback Reports daily for management and sales.
- Actively apply, support and champion the Smith System safe driving practices.
- Ensure that drivers follow all department and company policies and procedures
- Ensure proper reporting of accidents and injuries
- Provide support as needed with State and Government regulation compliance as it pertains to our fleet.
- Work with Transportation Manager to improve safety standards, order equipment and to ensure that we are providing only the highest level of service to our customers
- Work with accounting to resolve inventory discrepancies as they pertain to local deliveries