Stone Brewing is in search of an exceptional senior level Production Scheduler with broad expertise in all facets of supply chain including production planning, scheduling, MRP, and inventory management.
In this role, you will create and maintain the brewing and packaging schedule at our Escondido, CA facility but will also work closely with the Richmond, VA facility. This individual will have the opportunity to implement, sustain, and improve MRP capabilities across the supply chain while ensuring inventory is properly balanced so that our fans receive the freshest beer possible.
You will work closely with Planning, Procurement, Production, Engineering, Distribution, and Customer Service teams to maintain production scheduling activities at the brewery, which includes balanced schedules for the packaging line, kegging line, and brewhouse operations, as well as resolving constraints and maintaining excellent communications between stakeholders.
In short, you will help our beer, our company, and fans be amazing!
- Responsible for creating and managing the production site’s master schedule and then executing resulting schedules for packaging operations and brewing operations
- Utilize Microsoft Dynamics AX master planning/scheduling/procurement features and ensure system inputs are up-to-date and accurate (cycle times, capacity constraints, BOMs, yields, etc.)
- Ensure alignment with dynamic sales & inventory targets, lead times, launch dates, ingredient inventories, and external/internal orders
- Coordinate schedules with Production and Engineering/Maintenance to ensure alignment with work schedules and capacity constraints
- Recommend, develop, and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support objectives
- Create/maintain daily operations reports and report on plan vs. actuals
- Lead daily and weekly planning/scheduling meetings to ensure the flow throughout the facility is achievable and reliable
- Interface with IT/Project Management on enhancements to systems and business processes
- Provide analytical support for out of stock issues and recommend opportunities for improvement through root cause analysis activities
- Perform ad hoc analyses per department requests and develop capacity models for brewing and packaging operations
- Examine production specifications and capacity data, and perform mathematical calculations to determine production processes, tools, and human resource requirements
- Plan and forecast for future inventory levels based on sales forecast, current inventory levels, and outstanding purchase orders
- Identify and eliminate obsolete and excess inventory
- Works with Sales, New Beer Release, Procurement, and Distribution/Logistics to ensure inventory optimization across all Distribution Centers
- Education: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Supply Chain, Manufacturing/Operational Management
- Experience: At least 7 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably at a Food &Beverage or CPG company.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Office Suite: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook). Brewing knowledge and/or experience preferred.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: APICS certification or similar educational credentials in combination with relevant work experience is required.
- Travel Requirements: occasional travel required to other Stone building locations
Stone Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment drug screening, physical, and background check are required.