We are looking for amazing Packaging Technicians to join our team
Individuals will perform packaging activities efficiently and safely, incorporating quality in every bottle, keg, can and case within company specifications and schedules. This includes kegging, bottling, canning and warehousing. Must be able to work any shift in a 24 hour period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
* Maintain packaging lines, including starting and stopping of equipment (palletizers, de-palletizers, un-caser, filler, slitter sealer, carton makers, carton sealers, drop packers, external keg washer, keg fill valves, full keg turner/upender, and keg vacuum lift).
* Accurately complete and update information forms and logs. Raw materials: keep bottle caps, labels, cartons, trays, tray and pallet wraps (plastic rolls), hot melt (glue) in adequate amounts to ensure continuous smooth running of equipment and operation.
* Maintain quality requirements in accordance with company standards; accurately filling out inspection sheets based on overall production quality. Responsible for reporting all quality defects or issues/concerns.
* Ability to work in all assigned areas of packaging; perform relief duties when required.
* Perform package change-overs on equipment as required. Use of hand tools to perform change-overs.
* Load corrugate, labels, bottles/cans/kegs, carriers etc. in appropriate machines.
* Perform preventative maintenance on equipment with regards to cleaning and clearing them of debris and materials. Assist maintenance with machinery repair or other tasks as needed.
* Watch flow of materials, i.e. cans/bottles/boxes/trays/kegs, etc. into appropriate machine.
* Ensure that all equipment is on and functioning properly prior to starting a run. Required to set up lines from bright tanks to beer line manifolds to keg/can/bottle lines. Ensure correct beer in those lines. Perform line Sani between beers too.
* Must do visual inspection of boxes to ensure proper box/tray is used and the graphics on the box/tray are acceptable. Must ensure proper coding is on the bottle, cans, boxes/trays, and kegs.
* Monitor machines while running. Check to see that all bottles/cans/kegs are packed into boxes and on pallets correctly.
* Understand and follow safety rules including safe lifting practices and safe machine operation.
* Ensure that all packaging equipment and the packaging area is completely 100% clean and sanitary, ready for the following day’s production.
* Operate forklift in safe and efficient manner. Stage/move/load/unload materials.
* Handle chemicals according to proper safe handling procedures