We are looking for someone to join our Packaging Team!
Performs packaging activities efficiently and safely, incorporating quality in every bottle, keg, can and case within company specifications and schedules. This includes kegging, bottling, canning and warehousing. Must be able to work any shift in a 24 hour period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain consistent excellent quality of packaged beer. Evaluate performance of the operation and make improvements to procedures, equipment, or work practices to elevate the quality of the packaged beer.
• Identify and eliminate inefficiencies in all areas of production including on the bottle line, can line, keg line and mixed pack lines.
• Maintain and improve a comprehensive kegging, bottling and canning infrastructure, programs and teams across all packaging operations, including system development, equipment management, and preventative maintenance scheduling.
• Represent a strong presence of leadership by being actively involved on the production line during packaging runs and machine change overs.
• Observe equipment in operation to prevent/diagnose potential problems.
• Identify, suggest, propose, and discuss solutions to equipment and facility issues with management.
• Ability to determine root cause of equipment failures and make improvements to machines or procedures to eliminate future failures or equipment issues.
• Accurately complete and update information forms and logs.
• Understand and follow safety rules including safe lifting practices and safe machine operation. Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where required.
• Have the ability to understand and process overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) data and implement changes to improve machine performance and increase OEE.
• Design and develop packaging tests to validate new procedures or techniques to improve the packaging process.
• Ability to work in all assigned areas of packaging at an advanced level; perform relief duties when required.
• Ability to assist with the training and onboarding of new employees.
• Ability to create standard operating procedures (SOPs) for new procedures as needed.
• Provide mentoring and coaching to Associate Manufacturing Technicians.
• Perform intermediate level preventative maintenance (PM’s) on packaging equipment.
• Assist maintenance and engineering on all emergency equipment repairs.
• Assist maintenance and engineering on all non-departmental ran packaging related projects and improvements.
• Develop and implement new PM procedures for existing and new packaging equipment.
• Manage the more difficult packaging projects as identified by the Senior Packaging Manager.
• Oversee all internal technical packaging projects assigned to Assistant Manufacturing Technicians.
• Submit ideas for improvement of equipment and processes to support continuous improvement. Take action on improvement ideas, track and communicate results.
• Provide guidance to packaging technicians regarding best practices, optimal use of department tools, and proper techniques.
• Develop and implement a strategy for packaging equipment. This includes creating machine process documentation and training operators and technicians.
• Leads improvement projects in packaging including Poka-yoke, PM procedures, equipment/process upgrades, and OEE improvement.
• Other duties as assigned
Occasional responsibility of managing a shift of packaging technicians in day to day responsibilities.