Love BADASS Beer? We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our Team!
This is a key role in the organization that will effectively partner with operations to improve process and beer quality by implementing and verifying quality strategies and systems of food/beer safety, regulatory compliance and beer quality requirements.
Stone Brewing is a Global Organization: Two breweries in the US, one in Germany, distribution to 40+ countries, and more than 10 restaurants and taprooms across 3 continents (US, China, and Europe). Ranked in the top 10 in terms of production, and top 5 in terms of revenue amongst Craft Breweries, Stone Brewing is an industry leader.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implement and manage QA program and Standard Operating Procedures with regards to incoming materials, analytical, sensory, microbiology, sanitation, brewing, fermenting, aging, filtration, blending, finishing, packaging, warehousing and distribution of finished packaged beer.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives, and coordinates objectives with production procedures with other managers to maximize quality and reliability and to minimize costs.
- Oversees the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment such as GC, UV Spectrometer, pH, cell counter, alcolyzer and densitometer.
- Manage process capabilities of laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Makes recommendations for new laboratory instrumentation, equipment and services. Coordinate and manage vendor service contracts and agreements.
- Manages QA team to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, services, and beer.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to quality and reliability.
- Analyze technical data and recognize trends that adversely impact quality.
- Apply high level root-cause analysis and problem solving skills to resolve process and beer quality issues or concerns.
- Assist in the investigation of nonconforming goods in the three tier system.
- Participate in supplier site audits.
- Participate in internal auditing, including audits and inspections by 3rd parties.
- Manage track and trace for finished goods.
- Ensure all quality analysis functions are performed according to established Minimum Check Frequencies.
- Leads safety, financial and operational performance, laboratory asset care and reliability for the quality assurance business function.
- Promotes the production of high quality finished goods that are safely, reliably, and efficiently handled throughout the supply chain.
- Leads, mentors and develops team and facilitates interdepartmental, cross functional exposure in other operational areas.
- Promotes and consults with leadership on strategies to create an inclusive and engaging work environment.
- Monitor and ensures the safety and quality of Stone beer by adhering to all regulations, policies, programs and related guidelines.
- Promotes safety throughout the brewery.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees and assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides regular performance feedback to direct reports including reviews.