We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, Sales professional to join our Team! We are looking for a confident and assertive, 'out of the box' thinker, one who does things differently (not so cookie cutter!) and who is a craft beer fan!
As the Field Sales Representative (FSR) for Stone Brewing for the Richmond area, you will be responsible for creating and building relationships with key retailers within your region. You will work with our local distributor partner supporting the Stone Brewing portfolio of beers by working to grow general points of distribution (POD), conduct on premise promotions, and deliver results on target business objectives created in our Annual Business Plan. The primary function of the Field Sales Representative will be to spend over 80% of their time in the field calling on retailers. You will be accountable to performing distributor work withs riding with wholesaler sales personnel, assisting them in sales support of new placements, and communicating the Stone Brewing philosophy to wholesaler/retailer partners. Required Admin work will account for 20% of your time. Precise reporting on follow up market visit results, communication to Regional Manager/Business Development Manager on status of market conditions, and status on completion of future business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in overall sales strategy and goal planning for sale of Stone beers.
- Prospects new business by determining focus areas within territory, setting up presentations, and utilizing stop-by techniques.
- Work with designated distributors to meet sales goals and objectives.
- Communicates and works effectively with Regional Manager and Business Development Manager on strategic direction of assigned territory.
- Maximize the POS exposure in each account
- Set up and participate in in-store promotions, beer dinners, and special events
- Maintain self-education on Stone brands and the craft beer industry in general.
- Organize an efficient schedule including a daily route along with a monthly, quarterly and yearly plan.
- Prepare monthly paperwork on time in a neat, legible, and professional manner.
- Keep thorough and up to date notes on all existing and target accounts
- Look at territory with entrepreneurial eyes to seek out new opportunities to increase sales and penetration.
- Plan and participate in regular distributor training activities including presenting at sales meetings, riding with distributor sales personnel, and distributing new sales material to sales staff
- Required a minimum of 1 year Outside Sales Experience and/or On Premise Bar experience, Buyer at Off Premise Package or Bottle Shop, or passion for craft beer industry
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with sales reps
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan effective sales call day
- B2B sales experience selling skills, a plus
- Possess the ability to make effective Presentations & Communicate effectively
- Must be able to build and maintain customer relationships
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as required, 60% of time on road vs. home market
- This position requires a valid driver’s license with a clean MVR
- Bi-lingual Spanish Speaking is preferred
- Weekend worked required at times
- A passionate advocate for Independent Craft Beer
Stone Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment drug screening, physical, and background check are required.