Stone Brewing, one of the largest craft breweries in the United States is searching for a creative, detail oriented and organized Executive Chef with high quality standards for production and service. In this working Chef position at Stone Brewing – Liberty Station, this role is responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control. If you have a strong work ethic, a desire to learn and are dedicated to your craft, we want you.
We’re proud to be the largest employer in independent beer with a dynamic team spanning three continents. We’re looking for like-minded misfits who embody the things that have always made Stone special. Our values have guided us for more than twenty years, and will continue to be the key to our success for the next twenty and beyond. We put Team Stone first in order to create badass beer and amazing experiences. We are the global standard bearer for independent craft beer. We’re proud to be the largest employer in independent beer with a dynamic team spanning three continents.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils as well as cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Create a motivational environment with open and effective communication.
- Mentor and coach team to reduce turnover and retain team members.
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- Culinary degree from an Accredited Culinary Institution or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of related experience and/or training as an Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef of a food service operation or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have previous experience supervising food preparation and kitchen positions.
- Must have a common understanding of food allergies, and safety surrounding such incidents.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, hospitality POS and scheduling software systems.
- Must possess a Servsafe and/or San Diego County Food Handlers Manager Card.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of urgency to be highly productive in our fast paced environment.
- Range of Medical, dental, and vision coverage options at competitive rates.
- 401K plan with a generous company match!
- Bistro and Merch discounts
- Free beer (yes, we said free beer…you can pick your jaw up from the floor)
- Plus lots more!!
Stone Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment drug screening, physical, and background check are required.