Stone Brewing Company is in search of an entry level Materials Buyer Planner who will be responsible for material planning and replenishment procurement activities in support of Stone’s brewery and distribution operations. Position will perform work largely by reviewing and taking action on messages coming out of Microsoft Dynamics AX MRP system to procure, within the framework of the Master Production Schedule, direct and indirect materials, and may also provide procurement support for equipment, services, and supplies as needed.
This position will be responsible for ordering ingredients and supplies, monitoring trends, maintaining vendor relations, authorizing payment according to contractual agreements, and participating in the supplier evaluation process.
- Material planning and replenishment procurement for categories that may include direct materials, indirect materials, ingredients, and supplies such as:
- Bulk malt contracting, specialty malt ordering, procurement of botanicals and other special ingredients (honey, fruit, spices, herbs, etc.)
- Equipment sourcing and purchasing, including maintenance items, spare parts, capital expenditures, and cellar equipment (fittings, tools, hoses, etc.).
- Support Stone Distribution Company with material planning and replenishment procurement for purchased beer items.
- Ensure prompt review of all material requirement notices, on-time placement of Purchase Orders, and on-time delivery.
- Comply with all aspects of Supply Agreements pertaining to timeliness of forecasts, purchase orders, pricing, and contractual minimums.
- Day to day responsibility for preparing and issuing purchase orders and change notices, monitoring order status and providing updates as required.
- Monitor status of planned receipts to ensure supplier adherence to schedule and quantity requirements, escalating issues and expediting as necessary.
- Provide regular and effective communication updates regarding new items and on-hand inventory.
- Prepare and present information and reports to management as needed.
- Engage assigned suppliers to ensure reliable delivery and quality, escalating issues and expediting as necessary.
- Ensure purchased materials are delivered on schedule, invoiced properly, and meet quality standards. Ensure shipments are complete and follow-up with suppliers on discrepancies.
- Preferred minimum 1 year of supply chain management experience utilizing formal ERP material requirements planning systems, ideally Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management strongly desired
- Strong analytical and computer skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) required.
- High degree of initiative and ownership, as well as a proven history of delivering results while working with several different departments in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment. Ability to collaborate in a team environment, while also working independently.
- Must have ability to work and remain organized and flexible in a fast paced environment. Must have ability to adjust priorities to meet changes in departmental and company requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work across all departments in a company.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills as well as keen attention to detail.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options
- Participation in 401K (Stone matches!)
- Bistro and Merch discounts
- Free beer (yes, we said free beer…you can pick your jaw up from the floor)
- Plus lots more!!
Stone Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment drug screening, physical, and background check are required.