Is it your dream job to sell and spread the great word of craft beer and Stone all day long? You might be the one we are looking for to fill our open sales position for a Territory Manager within our Grocery channel throughout southern California. You heard right, this is a rare opportunity to be a part our world-renowned sales force!
Position is based out of our Downey Location. No relocation assistance will be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being the face of Stone and our supplier brands by building relationships and trust with grocery, drug, and c-store decision makers and influencers so that Stone Brewing Co. and the rest of our award winning craft beer portfolio are received with the highest level of confidence
- Building a strong working relationship with our southern California sub-distributors to help both of you to achieve shared sales goals through prospecting and selling in of new placements within the grocery, drug, and c-store channel
- Keep thorough and up to date notes on all existing and target accounts
- Maintain self-education on Stone brands, Stone distributed brands (as applicable), and the craft beer industry in general.
- Work with GSM to develop your own personal plan broken down into weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual goals detailing what you want to achieve and how you&rsquo: re going to get there
- Work with GSM and NAM to develop and present an annual business plan and quarterly updates with your distributor(s)
- Work with SOS to stay up to date on all of your chain authorizations, promos, and programs to drive the execution on these plans through your distributor(s)
- Coordinate with GSM and SOS to ensure that your distributor(s) have the appropriate amount of inventory on hand at all times to cover current and future placements
- Working with store managers/liquor managers and distributor sales reps to ensure store level execution and the most effective shelf placement and display
- Working with store managers/liquor managers and distributor sales reps to build dominant displays, stacks, and runners utilizing POS and our art department to help maximize the visibility of our brands
- Going on weekly ride alongs with distributor sales reps to ensure they have the knowledge and drive to sell in the breadth of our portfolio
- Setting up beer demos with store managers and DMs to educate the end user on our beers and maximize their exposure within our accounts
- Perform weekly audits of displays, stacks, runners, program execution, out of codes, out of stocks, shelving and inventory standards and reporting this information to the GSM and NSM to develop an appropriate correction plan
- Creating efficient and effective sales routes to maximize the amount of time spent in front of the decision makers and influencers
- Helping to merchandizing and face beers from our portfolio while at each account
- Tirelessly checking date codes to ensure 100% of the beers on the retail shelf and in back stock are being sold fresh and rotated properly and taking immediate action to correct when the product is found to be not up to our standards of excellence
- Verifying accurate setup of beers within each store’s system and obtaining approval for each SKU/order from the store decision makers prior to delivery to diminish voided items and/or deliveries
- Consistent communication with Stone management as to the health of your territory: where the opportunities are, what we are doing well, where we can be improving, etc.